Sunday, April 11, 2010

Why I HATE "The Bachelor"

(Nothing personal Jake, I'm sure you're a very sweet spirit)

It is probably strange that I would blog about this because I haven't had cable TV for over 3 years. But I have seen a couple of minutes from a few episodes of the aforementioned TV "Reality" show, and I just couldn't refrain from venting about it.

I have come across several other blogs where people comment and dish on the latest episode, and it leaves me scratching my head. Is THIS what feminism has gotten us?

Why on earth would any halfway intelligent, beautiful, woman of CHARACTER, think that THIS is the best method of "catching a man"???? Let's see, I think I'll seclude myself in a mansion with other "beautiful, accomplished" women, tear them to shreds in the cattiest of ways, then try to figure out how to dress and act more slutty, I mean, seductively, than they do, so "He will pick ME".

And of course, what a peach he must be. Poor guy. Just can't figure out which girl he'd really like to "commit" to. This one has such great legs, and this one such great "t...eeth", but this one told a funny joke, etc. etc. etc. But they're all such really good kissers...hmmm. Life is really, really so hard. Especially when you're living in mansions, taking limos and helicopters on dates, and eating sushi in the hot tub. The fire of adversity is really the best place to evaluate the future mother of your children, I see.

How did feminism go from telling stay at home moms like me I'm "undervaluing myself", to turning women into desperate, catty, prostituting, objects of desire?

Who is really "liberated" here? Seems to me we've given "The Bachelor" a better life than ever!

4 comments:

Stefany said...

Hear, Hear!

Natalie said...

Well, just look how many of those relationships have worked out...
There's the answer for you.

Carole said...

Oh.. I hate him too..... after all the fuss I over heard about how WONDERFUL he was and how GOOD LOOKING he is. I took a look at a few of the episodes. He's just CREEPY! It's a strange concept and it's degrading to all those involved. A step BACK!!!

Britney said...

I agree completely. HATE THAT SHOW! Good job putting the stupidity of it into words.