Sunday, April 11, 2010

New Life


This sweet little flower bloomed in my front yard last week. I was so happy I could have cried. Springtime has finally come to Minnesota. And, an early spring at that.

I feel I can relate to this little flower. For the last 9 months or so I have felt like an gnarly little bulb, stuck in some deep, dark, cold place. All alone, trying desperately to make something beautiful. No matter how much effort I put into what was happening deep within me, I was helpless to speed up the process, to bring it to light, to let the both of us feel the warmth of the sun that would come. No, I just had to wait. I had to wait while the winds howled and the ice paralyzed.

But then one day, it was time. I have finally been freed from the confines of "bulb-ness". I can feel the warmth of the sun. My work is done, my flower is here. I have a beautiful new bloom bursting with color and beauty. I can breathe in its beautiful scent. I feel light, and open, and happy to welcome any who pass my way.

I look on my garden and feel grateful. Privileged to have nurtured 6 little bulbs, and relieved the dark days of winter are past.

What a glorious thing Spring is!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

What a great feeling, I'm sure! Glad you have all your little bulbs blooming too. ;)