Saturday, January 30, 2010

Pandora's Box

It is with great trepidation I put this out there, but as we are approaching a deadline with no solid ideas, I think it couldn't hurt.

We have yet to come up with a name for this new, male offspring. So now is your one and only chance to give your two cents. (After the child is officially born and named, please feel free to keep your two cents.)

Our current guidelines automatically reject anything that
1)starts with a "J"
2) ends with a "d"
3) is androgynous

Come on all you lurkers, give us some ideas. I just know you're itching to.

8 comments:

Hildie said...

WHat's the matter with Lincoln? I think it's really cool and it matches with all your other kids' names.

Omgirl said...

How about Colby? It's a great name and not too common. Or Brittan? Or Leo? Or Dane? Those are my raves right now.

Chris Z said...

Ok! You asked for it : )
* Liam * Christopher * Landon * Henry * Colton * Chase * Sean * Callahan (Cal) * Mitchell * Andrew * Aidan * And I was gonna say Crewe.... but then at school, he'd be Crewe D. Probably not good! Good luck!

Unknown said...

Actually, I like Jennie's idea of Lincoln. It's even cool for a nickname of Link. Forget Colby, it sounds cheesy! Henry makes me laugh because in MY generation, that was the most all-time favorite name for hen-pecked wimps. Now it's hot!

Isn't it odd that you can read 10 name books with 50,000 names, and none of them seems right? Good luck!

Britney said...

Sorry I'm no help. We had a hard time naming all of our boys. By the 4th one we settled on a family legacy type of name--a beloved uncle of Russ' who ended up passing away when CLARK was 6 months old.

I know, you could use Russell since I didn't have the patience to have 2 people living in the same house with the same name (even when everyone else thought we should).

Hollie said...

I don't have any suggestions just don't let Cord know you are asking. Remeber his list for Cole and Porter's list was even worse. My kids are lucky I was around to save them from years of embarrasment.

Natalie said...

Mathew, Mark, Luke, John, Aaron, or Obadiah.

Hildie said...

Colby is a girl's name!