Tuesday, November 3, 2009

It's the little things really


I'm in love.
With my new vacuum.
Ours died a couple of weeks ago, I declared to my hubby that the time had come to INVEST in a vacuum. (As opposed to the $150 model we keep buying every 18 mos...X the last 15 years...you do the math)
I did my due diligence. Even borrowing some from friends to try out. But today, confused by the mire of internet reviews, I actually stepped into a vacuum shop and came out with true love for $100 less than I was thinking I had to spend.
I spent the afternoon vacuuming. Again. Even after scouring our carpets yesterday with 2 different, expensive, models, this thing sucked up everything that was left and makes my carpets look gorgeous. Glory be, it does hardwood as well, no special adjustments necessary.
I'm so inspired I may actually clean something besides my floors.
It weighs 8 pounds. Has a 5 year warranty, lifetime belt, and free yearly tune up.
Who knew I'd finally reach this point in my life? A vacuum making me so content. (Especially because it's light enough for the kids to do all by themselves!)

5 comments:

Hildie said...

Riccar??? What the heck? Never heard of it. Where do you get them?

Natalie J said...

I have never heard of Riccar either. I am all for light vacuums, because I don't have one. We have a Kirby. I love what it does. We paid a small fortune for it (bought it from a salesman when we lived in Waukegan). The problem with it is that it weighs about 99 lbs. Stairs are a beast and I haven't even tried it pregnant yet. I want an 8 lb vacuum.

Tiffster said...

I hadn't either. They are made in Missouri and only sold through licensed dealers. I just went to Chanhassen Vacuum and they only carried those and Miele (from Germany-uber expensive).

Natalie said...

Okay, so what was your investment?? I'm am always so floored (excuse the pun), when people spend over $200 bucks on a vacuum!! My $60 investment on my vacuum from amazon.com has been awesome the past couple years. I guess I don't know what I'm missing?

Financial Aid for College said...

I'm very impressed! I'm GLAD Jennie W is impressed because she has two of the crappiest vacuums in this world, and I hope she runs right out and buys your dream machine. Since she will never come back to read this post, you may phone her and read it TO her. After all, the LAST person anyone in the world listens to is their mother.

And next time I need a new one....