Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Somthing tells me this was a bad idea...

Part of Jared's very glamorous ice cream job is once a year getting "new item" samples. While the culinary delights of next year's new products will get a post of their own in the near future this post is about the OTHER delights contained in this shipment, namely, DRY ICE.

I am sure that if any of you have known Jared for very long, you will recall his rather colorful, law-breaking-really-stupid-but-never-caught, stories about dry ice "experiments" during high school. As amusing as these stories are, I often remind him they are only funny because he still has all his fingers, and have warned him of the dangers of regailing these stories to our boys. I am afraid that today is the day we officially planted "seeds of stupidity" to be sown in the future by our boys. I fear I am an accomplice as I didn't don the "Fretful Mother" hat as I probably should have, because, even a woman of advanced maternal age enjoys an occasional adolescent moment.

It all started with making "fog" in the garage, then a video of the "experiment", and finally, the finished product. Oh Boys!
e

5 comments:

Carole said...

That was GREAT!! Love your surprise laughter-- We sure miss you guys but in some small way are glad we have moved away (dry ice bombs and jackets already!)

Carole said...

P.S. what was Ethan holding while blowing on the dry ice?

Tiffster said...

Part of a "tee ball" thing. Now that you mention it, it kind of looks like a scientific tube thingy...

Hildie said...

YOu do live a glamorous life!

Natalie said...

Jared is so lucky! A job consisting of icecream AND dry ice! Every mans dream job, I'm sure.

I loved your suprise laugh too. Cute!