Monday, March 24, 2008

This video is really for Elaine, our "advocate" for Spencer. She is going to use it to help evaluate me as a tutor, and to see Spencer's progress. I kept locking up my email trying to send it that way, so I figured the easiest would be to post it here! Of course, if you are desperate for amusement, please feel free to view it.

Spencer and I try to work about 20 min everyday using Orton-Gillingham methods to help his "decoding" skills, and this is the portion of the lesson where we try to practice reading fluency. He is preparing to do a "read aloud" in school to his class, and wanted to show Aunt Elaine how well he is doing. I am so proud of how hard he is willing to work before (and sometimes after) school to improve. He has made HUGE progress this year and is really getting starting to taste the fruits of his labors. It has been fantastic to see.

1 comment:

Carole said...

I don't think that I'm that hard up for amusement. Way to go Spence! You read so well in that video. You have been working so hard and it has paid off. You are awesome.