Monday, January 31, 2011

This relationship was doomed to fail...

Dear January,

It is time for our relationship to end. You have been nothing but cold to me. You think you are pure as your wind driven snow, but there is ice in your soul. Even your tenderest caresses give me chills, making me numb to your overtures.

We began the year with such promise, but you are nothing but a flake. You may dump your insults, another several inches of them today if you must, but I shall plow on.

I am leaving you for February, and though you may howl and weep, there is nothing you can do to stop me from moving on.

Warmest Regards,
Tiffany

3 comments:

Britney said...

Amen to that! Who needs a 31st in January! How about all winter months only have 28 days from now on.

This was a fine display of writing skills Tiff! Loved it!

Financial Aid for College said...

Dream on, Tiffany. You might have known working for an ice cream company would entail LIVING IN IT AS WELL!

Carole said...

I too am SO GLAD that January is finally over. Thanks for sending it off in such a way I could never be as so creative to think up and write down. Farewell!