Friday, June 26, 2009

There's No Place Like Home!


Today was the last day of my Orton-Gillingham class. It was fantastic, inspiring, and very, very hard. I am so much smarter than I was 2 weeks ago. In more ways than one.

I remember when I was young my mother used to always say, "I'm so glad I can be a stay at home mom, there's nothing in the world I would rather do." Of course, in my mind, that translated to, "There is no way I'm smart enough to ever do anything but cook and clean." I regret to admit I always felt a little disappointed that she never aspired to more. (I was a child of the feminist generation after all) But now I know for myself, I feel the same way.

As great as this class was, and as happy as I am that there are dedicated and professional people who go into the world and do this important thing for others, I am SOOOO happy to come back home and give it to my son. I miss being home. I miss having order that is in my charge. I miss my kids.

I am so glad I can be a stay at home mom. There's nothing in the world I would rather do.

Thanks mom. I finally get it.

4 comments:

Hildie said...

Here is how to download a picture to your mac: when you see a picture on the internet that you like, you click on it and drag it onto your desktop. Then you add it into blogger just like you would with any computer.

If you see a picture (or anything on your computer screen) and for some kooky reason you can't drag it onto your desktop (Doesn't happen very often. Maybe it's not a PDF or something weird like that.) just press "command" + "shift" + "4" and it will give you a little selection tool. Just draw a rectangle around whatever you want to keep and it will photograph it and put it on your desktop. Very handy.

Britney said...

Amen Tiffany! Thanks for the reminder. I needed that this summer. Now... can you come and tutor my sons too? Skype maybe?

Financial Aid for College said...

Lovely, Tiffany! Inspired for all the right reasons. And now you are rich in a way you never were before (My mind slips instantly into ReInto td-Riding-Hood's song from INTO THE WOODS: "And I know things now, many wonderful things, that I never knew before...." Your memory of Sundance will no doubt fill in the rest of the words.) (Love the ruby slippers!)

I'm sure scads of mothers of dyslexics envy you mightily!

And Jennie, THANKS FOR THAT TIP! I wondered how you and Arianne had all those cool photos in your blog! (Oh-oh, will that work on a PC?)

Financial Aid for College said...

Sorry, bad proofreading