Friday, June 19, 2009

Pardon me if my brain explodes.

Whew! What a week! I have spent the last 5 days, and will spend 5 more next week, taking a college class to obtain level 1 Orton-Gillingham certification. ("ya broke 'ur what?!") I know. What it really means, is that I will finally have official credentials to be Spencer's tutor, and whomever else I happen to tutor. (O-G, as it is called, is a "Multi-sensory, systematic, explicit approach to remediating reading difficulties")

It has been fun, tiring, and a great opportunity to flex my mental muscles. I'm glad I've already been studying this for a year and half. I've come home with a big headache each day, 3 hours of homework, and dreams about the complexities of short vowel articulation.
I'm ready for the weekend!

(Jared of course, is just happy I'm home to catch up on the laundry. But he seriously has been very supportive.)

Ever feel like your brain is going to explode?

3 comments:

Hildie said...

Just don't expect me to clean it up. Brains are messy.

Natalie said...

I'm not sure I understand a word you just said.

But I am impressed. And congratulations!!

Tiffster said...

Funny how things we don't understand can impress us. Maybe I should try confusing people more often...