Thursday, February 12, 2009

LOL

I've been waiting to post until I had something upbeat to write about. I've been feeling a little down.

The week started off with more sleepless nights worrying about Lucas, followed by Jared going out of town, followed by me getting the flu.

Then, just to make me laugh, I fell down the stairs this AM and broke the big toe on my left foot!

I mean, really, isn't that funny? Maybe it's just the vicadin...

In case you are wondering, they can't do anything for a broken toe except tell you to wear flat, hard soled shoes and wait 6 weeks. And as my twenty-something PA told me, "As 'we' get older, it can take longer for bones to heal". At least she didn't use the phrase "advanced maternal age".

Well, I'm going to laugh myself to sleep for a nap now. At least Jared's coming home tonight instead of tomorrow! And I get new shoes! I think I'll have him rent me a wheelchair at the Mall of America tomorrow and we'll go shoe shopping! What fun! (What a girl won't do for new shoes....)

4 comments:

Financial Aid for College said...

Oh, poor Tiffster! A broke toe hurts! Your good mood MUST be the Vicodin!

Last time I got that stuff was when I went to the hospital for a BROKEN ANKLE (Arianne was with me, hiding in the next cubicle from shame and humiliation). I kept yelling to everyone that I wanted a hysterectomy.

Watch out for those drugs!

Hildie said...

I broke my toe when I was pregnant with Jasper. The PA (who was a mother of eight--that's Utah for you!) told me that because of the swelling in my feet, it wouldn't heal til after I had the baby. It was three months or so. I just got used to the pain. It was a nice excuse any time I didn't want to do something. I would just say, "I can't do these dishes. My toe is killing me tonight!" or "Sorry I was late for the meeting. I had to sit down on the way in because my toe was throbbing so hard."
It's a pretty handy thing!

Carole said...

Wow.... 6 weeks? I hope your age doesn't affect the healing process :) (I can kid because I believe we are the same age).
Did you get new shoes? and who do you trust to drive that wheelchair?

Natalie said...

Thank goodness for the vicodin, right? I'm sure I broke my little toe last spring too. It hurt for months, and I still can't wear heels without discomfort. ouch!! Sorry!