Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

So how was your New Year's Eve? We have had a tradition not quite making it until midnight around here, but the kiddos are now old enough that that just won't fly anymore. So, we had some friends over and while the grown ups played my favorite card game (Shang Hai), the kiddos ran around and did whatever they wanted until midnight. Then we banged on pots and pans to let our neighbors know we are even weirder than they think, and threw confetti all over my front porch. (It was about 2 below zero) We all got to bed around 2 AM, and we are starting off the New Year with a sugar, Diet Pepsi, and sleep deprived hangover. But it was fun!
So, please share, what did you do?
Happy 2009!

2 comments:

Natalie J said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR! We went down to Orem to hang with my family until about 8 pm and then came home and put the kids to bed. We then played Guitar Hero III until midnight. I meant to go to sleep before that, but it was just a fluke that I was still awake at midnight. I knew the kids would be up at 6. Your night sounded much more fun than mine!

Natalie said...

Al fell asleep about 9:30, John about 11:00 (he was sick), and I tried to stay up to watch Ev play mariokart, then zonked out at 11:30. BORING!