Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Another reason why I love my Husband


My Husband is the only person I've ever met who can tease or insult a person to their face, and have the person on the receiving end still think he is charming and great. (Of course, it was necessary for me to marry someone like that. I would have eaten anyone else who tried to "correct" me alive. Although, I'm happy to report that at this point in my life, I'd probably only nibble...)
I think it has something to do with the idea that you always really sense a person's true intent when they speak to you, regardless of the words they use. And of course, My Husband is in no way a malicious or vindictive person.
Today, I am just really, really wishing I had that gift. I am often so passionate about what I think needs to be said, that I can completely, obliviously, end up insulting people I am trying to communicate with. Sometimes, I just don't know the nice way to say something. Even if I don't have any malice, I just don't seem to be able to do it!
Thankfully, for today, I have kept my mouth shut. I am just waiting for him to come home and counsel me how to avoid alienating people I really need to talk to!
So while I'm at it, for those of you whom I have unknowingly offended, please accept my apology and know I really didn't mean to.

3 comments:

Hildie said...

The only way to forgive you is to get some Haagen-dazs coupons.

Natalie said...

I second the coupons!

Although, I do admit that you have NEVER insulted me, or made me feel bad. How's that? Good job.

Bethany said...

I know this is late, but Jared? Insulting? Never!!

We will always have fond memories of air hockey in Provo (or was is technically Orem?) and the constant battle-cry (accompanied by a two-fingered point) of, "I OWN YOU!!!" In fact, I just used that line (while picturing Jared and mimicking his theatrics) on Nate the other day.

So fun to see what you've been up to!