Friday, February 8, 2008

Back with a big announcement!

Yes, it is February 8, 2008. Yes, my last post was October 2007. But, as we speak, I am actually downloading photos onto my computer, so I may post them! Yippeee!

So, a lot has happened since our last post. For starters, for those who don't already know, we are having Damiano baby #5!!! To prove how long it has been since our last post, I am 5 and 1/2 months along! We are having a GIRL. Once again, I was completely wrong. I was convinced it was a boy. I really have to question my spiritual intuition as a mother as I have been wrong on the gender of my children a whopping FIVE consecutive times. Does this mean I have to keep having them until I get it right?

Also, I have become a raving maniac regarding reading instruction in public schools, primarily focusing on a lack of appropriate help for children with dyslexia. This is of course brought on by the disovery that Spencer is dyslexic. (And Jared too we now know, which explains SO much!) It has been a very time consuming quest, but we have been very blessed to have some great people on our side to get Spence the help he needs. The infuriating part is we (parents, teachers and school in Chicago) have been trying to pinpoint the cause of certain issues at school with zero success because everyone was telling me "his reading is fine." (Something I never agreed with by the way...) I just knew something was not right, and that he was NOT lazy or stupid! Maybe my mother's intuition isn't as off as I thought? **Warning** this blog will likely often be used as a venting resource as I continue on my educate educators quest....

Next big thing with me, is I somehow got called to be the primary president. And somehow, the "branch" we live in, has 94 very active primary kids. (Actually, we were just made a ward in Jan) It is definitely a different experience than the 28 regularly attending kids in Chicago. (A number I might point out, reduced by 4 when we moved) It is good, but insanely busy. I have decided that no one (except the primary president of course) should worry about being in primary too long, because every week since I have been called, I have been informed that they are taking one of my teachers, music leaders, nursery leaders, scout leaders, etc. to move somewhere ELSE. SOOOO, I get to constantly find NEW teachers to fill positions. Honestly, I have had to submit names EVERY WEEK since I have been called. I could go on, but I am too tired to think about it.

Alright, my pics are downloaded, so I'm going to give this a shot. Love to hear from anyone who still bothers to check my blog!

The video is of a family sing along in the car on our way to the pinewood derby a couple weeks ago! (No primary songs for us, just songs about the end of the world...) I'm trying to find what file pics of the new house are under, then i'll post those. The ones I can find are of the house covered in snow, and I am really sick of seeing snow.

5 comments:

Natalie J said...

That family sing along is sooo cute. Your kids are all so big! Congrats on the baby girl. Don't forget to keep us posted. I am not going to complain about the weather here in UT anymore!

Carole said...

YEAH YEAH YEAH!! I'm so glad you posted and with pictures even!! Congratulations on your new addition!1 Olivia WILL be such a great older sister!! What a time consuming HARD calling you have-- I admire you! I loved Ethan's little thumbs up tongue out look in the video! I'm glad that you have found some answers for Spencer. I know it's going to be a long road ahead, but it's nice to finally have some answers! Thanks for posting.... can't wait to see more! We miss you guys!

Natalie said...

I LOVE IT!! You guys make me smile!

I will not complain about being pri pres anymore. 94 kids!! I believe our 24 active kids is now down to about 18. I have nothing compared to you.

Keep posting!

Tara said...

Loved seeing your video!! the kids came around me and wanted to watch it again and again! I almost wanted to cry when I realized how big your kids have gotten...ITS BEEN TOO LONG SINCE WE'VE SEEN YOU GUYS!! So excited about another Damiano GIRL cousin!! Take care!!Keep in touch when you post! Love ya all!!!

Tiffster said...

I am so embarassed! I should have known mom was taping us!!!!!!!!

to mom A.K.A. Tiffany Damiano

From one of your loving sons

Jack Damiano