1. I know a place where you can get a great deal on a refurbished refrigerator. It is also a great place to learn to negotiate while keeping one hand on your pepper spray in your purse. Cash only type store, naturally. Conveniently located next to pawn shops and bail bondsmen, should you have a need for that sort of thing. Thankfully, not located anywhere near our house.
2. "How can there be more boxes for the kitchen, the cupboards are full?!"
3. I have 7 frying pans. SEVEN. No wonder the kitchen cabinets are full.
4. Why don't they install pantry shelves far enough apart to stand a box of cereal on them?
5. The super nice guy who shows up on your porch is not a friendly neighbor. He is a meat salesmen who has caught you at a vulnerable, confused, sleep deprived, poor decision making moment. You pass it off to your husband who obviously is not thinking any clearer than you are, and before your refrigerator is delivered, your freezer is plugged in and full of half months grocery budget of meat. Still trying to figure out how that happened.
6. Screened porches make wonderful places to relax and have quiet time. Definitely my favorite part of the house when I ever find time to sit. They are also fantastic baby jails.
7. Do NOT send your oldest 2 children, who also happen to be your babysitters, on vacation out of state the week you move.
8. Do NOT let the baby teethe the week you move.
9. Do NOT get the stomach flu the week you move.
10. Mormons Rock. 3 people from our new congregation showed up today to babysit kids, bring dinner, and cookies. I could never do this without that.
11. No matter how much help you have, or how great things may in reality be, moving is still a HUGE pain in the patoot. It reminds me of being pregnant and just trying to get through a day at a time, knowing that eventually all the misery will be a distant enough memory, you think you're up to trying it again.*
*Note to self: You're NOT.