Friday, April 15, 2011

Georgia on my mind

Our Minnesota House
(uh...NOT in Winter)


I was planning on doing a nice long post on my (OLDER) friends 40th birthday, but things took a crazy turn when I got home.

Jared had a "surprise" meeting on Tuesday letting him know his position was being "eliminated" company wide. *gulp*

BUT, the great news is he was offered a promotion in Atlanta, Georgia, starting in June.
*gulp* We feel very, very, blessed that we have such a great opportunity, especially in this economy.

I should have seen this coming since I've been going on and on about how much we love Minnesota (despite the crappy weather) and how we hope to stay for a good long time. I guess when I joked we needed to move because the kids were getting midwest accents the Lord agreed.

And while there are many wonderful things here, bundling up my kids in their snow gear in APRIL and putting on a pot of chili to warm our bones TONIGHT WHEN IT SNOWS, are not on the "miss about Minnesota" list.

Besides, I think having my kids learn to say "Yes, ma'am" and "Yessir" will be positively adorable.


5 comments:

Tanner said...

We have friends in Georgia who LOVE Georgia!

Good luck.

Stefany said...

Congratulations on the promotion and on getting out of this cold climate - I'm envious. I'll miss your family!

Hildie said...

Little did you know when you were enjoying the lovely weather here that your next Spring will be just the same. Yay for the South!

P.S. How long has it been since we could drive to each other's houses in less than a day?

Financial Aid for College said...

WOW! What a delightful shock! You will love Georgia and Atlanta -- real, live, lively places with a real live sun and a down-the-freeway temple! Congrats!

As for driving back and forth with Jennie - uuuhhh - I don't think less than a day.

Carole said...

You guys are really lucky to have an opportunity to move your sweet family to Georgia and to have a job that keeps you afloat. How awesome an example you are to your kids. YAY!! Hope you have a succesful move! All our best!