Thursday, July 15, 2010

My day was really off to a fine start until...

the nice older gentlemen holding the door open for me remarked how spoiled my baby is to be carried around "like that".

Pleasant enough conversation until he said, "Who's doing the spoiling, mom...(obviously waffling)...er, grandma?"

Lucky for him I was wearing sunglasses, or my evil, laser glare, the one that makes my husband pee his pants (almost), would have melted him on the spot.

I then went home and burned the faded denim capris that I'd been wearing that I have long suspected made me look older than I am. I also think I need to buy some wedge sandals instead of my comfy and ever so practical cushioned flats. Stat.

The longer I let this one marinate, the worse it gets.




2 comments:

Hildie said...

OUCH!!! He was obviously demented.

Financial Aid for College said...

Tiffster, I say SPOIL THEM WHILE THEY ARE YOUNG! "Too much" love and attention can do nothing but make them feel more secure in life.

Of course, if you are still carrying her around when she is 8, you might have a problem. (But think how STRONG you will be!)