Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Only for Women who have been Pregnant....

I have this recurring symptom of pregnancy that I can't recall ever having anyone else claim to be able to relate to. Having begun its onset MUCH earlier than usual, I thought I would take an informal survey of my friends to see if anyone else has had this that I just haven't run into yet.

(This just doesn't sound like it's going anywhere good, does it?)

I call it "the wishbone effect". That is, I feel like my legs are the two sides of a wishbone, and my pelvis where they meet. The uncomfortable part is, I feel like someone is trying to break the wishbone. This usually happens while walking around (naturally). I have heard some people say towards the later months they feel like their joints are "wobbly" or "loose", but this is actually painful. Like, my face involuntarily grimaces kind of pain. I've had this before, but never this early.

Anyone?

5 comments:

Natalie J said...

I think I know what you are talking about. When I was pregnant with Xander, and he was bum down at the end, I felt like he was using his knees and bum to spread my hips and pelvis apart. It hurt so bad at times and I would poke him to see if he would move. The ultrasounds showed that he was partially sitting indian style, so that is why it seemed to me that his knees were doing the spreading. I didn't really feel that with Ashton, just pressure.

Financial Aid for College said...

Thank heavens NO!

But I have a friend whose body started secreting the "elastin" hormone from month one, practically dissolving every joint in her body. She had to stay in bed or fall into dislocated pieces. That's the "wobbly" feeling. Never heard of your wishbone syndrome. Bummer!

Britney said...

I know exactly what you are talking about! I had the same pain with my last pregnancy--like someone was pulling my legs apart to tear me in half. The sad part is that I still felt it for weeks AFTER I gave birth. Very painful for sure. So sorry that you are going through this. Just another one of the joys of pregnancy. Like I said before, you are a lot more brave than I am to go for 6! :)

Jennie said...

By the sixth baby your body is toast. Just try to ignore it all. You'll feel a million times better in about six months. Except then you'll be really tired . . . .

Stefany said...

Okay, so this comment is so far past the fact that it probably doesn't make any difference to you now. I was just browsing through old posts, and caught this one. I totally know the pain you are talking about!!! I never found anyone else who understood it, either. It is excruciating, and starts earlier, and gets worse, with each pregnancy. Doctors tried telling me it was the elastin horomone, but since they never experienced the pain, I don't know if it really is. This is one reason I don't ever want to be pregnant again.